Chocolate Brownie Milkshake
Milkshakes are a classic frozen treat the whole family can make together. At your next family gathering, try using milkshakes in place of a sundae bar. Lay out toppings galore and let everyone build their own cold, yummy creation. Our Jumbo HeartStraws are perfect for these desserts because their wide diameter means enjoying even the thickest shakes is a breeze. This recipe is for 2 shakes so remember to add accordingly depending on the number of guests. For garnishes, try chocolate shavings, sprinkles, chopped, candied nuts, and toffee chips.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream (go for the good stuff)
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of Bosco® chocolate syrup
- Fresh whipped cream
- 1 large brownie, quartered
- Add ice cream and milk to blender
- pour syrup over the mix leaving a small bit for the glasses
- Blend for approximately 30-45 seconds or until you reach the desired consistency
- Use remaining syrup and pour chocolate inside each glass while turning until you circle the cup
- Pour in ice cream mix and top with a dollop of whipped cream
- Fan brownie pieces on one side of dessert
- Top with your favorite garnishes and add your Jumbo HeartStraw!
These Green Smoothies are a delicious way to start your day. This smoothie recipe is packed with nutrients and flavor! This recipe came from the Cooking Classy blog. We tried the raspberry version and were instantly hooked on this one!
- 3 Tbsp rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds or 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1.25 oz. frozen raspberries or blueberries (1/4 cup)
- 2 oz. frozen strawberries (about 2 large or 6 small)
- 1/2 cup cold water*
- 2.5 oz. fresh spinach (2 1/2 cups packed)
- 6 ice cubes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon + 1/8 tsp vanilla extract – for blueberry version
- 1/8 tsp almond extract – for raspberry version
Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender (if using blueberries add cinnamon and vanilla, if using raspberries add almond extract). Blend until well pureed. Serve in a large glass with a Jumbo HeartStraw.
Raspberry Almond Butter Smoothie
These creamy smoothies are a protein-packed treat for all ages. Rich and delicious, if you grew up with PB & J sandwiches, this is the smoothie recipe for you. This recipe comes from The Kitchen blog. The zucchini base is a great way to sneak veggies into your diet.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Small pinch of sea salt (omit if the almond butter is salted)
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until completely smooth (about 45 seconds). Serve in a wide glass garnished with fresh berries and a Jumbo glass HeartStraw.
Color: If you’d prefer the bright-pink color to really shine through in this smoothie, peel your zucchini before slicing and freezing.